Studies Seeking Patients
Interested in participating in an interstitial cystitis (IC) research study? The IC Association helps patients learn about short- and long-term clinical trials in the areas of IC, bladder pain, urgency, frequency, chronic pelvic pain, and overlappig conditions such as vulvodynia, fibromyalgia, and irritable bowel syndrome.
Look below for IC clinical trials in your area. Ask your doctor if a clinical trial might provide you with an alternative treatment or give you an opportunity to test a new IC medicine. Before you enroll, ask the clinical trial or study recruiter about any patient costs. Some clinical trials pay a cash stipend to patients. Others offer free or discounted medical crae; however, specifics about coverage often depend on your healthcare benefits. Call your health insurance company and ask if you would be responsible for any out-of-pocket costs.
Contact a MAPP researcher in your area. Find out if you are eligible to participate in this landmark clinical trial. MAPP is recruiting women and men with IC.
North American Clinical Trials
Check back regularly – we update this list as we learn about new studies!
- Interstitial Cystitis: Examination of the Central Autonomic Network
- Study Seeking Men and Women Who Suffer from Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Study Seeking to Evaluate the Effectiveness of the Cimzia in Females with IC/BPS
- Evaluation of the Safety and Effectiveness of URG101 in Subjects With Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome
- Research Study Seeks Women With Bladder Pain
- Cyclosporine in Interstitial Cystitis: Efficacy, Safety and Mechanism of Action (CIC)
- Safety and Clinical Outcomes Study: SVF Deployment for Orthopedic, Neurologic, Urologic, and Cardio-pulmonary Conditions
- Sensory Sensitivity and Urinary Symptoms in the Female Population
- Brain-Centered Therapy Versus Medication for Urgency Urinary Incontinence : Hypnotherapy Or Pharmacotherapy (Hyp-hOP)
- Microbiomes of Interstitial Cystitis
- Intranasal Oxytocin for the Treatment of Pain Associated With Interstitial Cystitis
- Clinical Efficacy of Changing the InterStim Parameters in Patients With Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome
The World Health Organization (WHO) maintains the International Clinical Trials Registry Platform – a database of clinical trials happening all over the world. Search for “interstitial cystitis” to find a trial near you.
Don’t see a trial that looks appropriate for you? Sign up for ResearchMatch and be matched for all kinds of research projects, from surveys to clinical trials, that are looking for volunteers.
Revised Wednesday, July 18th, 2018