News & Blog
Summer Issue of ICA Update Mailing Soon
The ICA Update is an award-winning magazine with in-depth stories about interstitial cystitis (IC) research, treatment, and lifestyle issues. The ICA Update is a benefit of donors who give $50 or more to the Interstitial Cystitis Association.
In this issue:
- One Step at a Time – IC can make physical activity difficult. But for many patients, the journey to better health can begin with a single step—and a little support.
- Take the First Step! – Whether you’re an experienced athlete or have never exercised regularly, there are ways to move towards regular physical activity.
- ‘Exercise Helps’ – A survey of more than 580 IC patients shows that many exercise when able—and see real benefits.
- Practitioners Forum: Overcoming Challenges – While most successful athletes have physical limitations, coach Nick Tranbarger says that other traits are what help people find a way to succeed.
- Essential Oils and IC – While the research is unclear, some IC patients report symptom and stress relief from aromatherapy and other uses of essential oils.
- Faces of Hope: It Can Be Done! – IC patients share physical victories, big and small.