News & Blog
Pelvic Heath 101
April 23, 2015 | News Updates
Beyond Basics Physical Therapy is providing a series of free educational seminars focused on pelvic floor muscle function, its relationship to efficient and pain-free bowel, bladder and sexual function and tools to help individuals reclaim their pelvic health and independence. All seminars will be held at Beyond Basics Physical Therapy in New York City and start at 7pm. A free Healing Pelvic and Abdominal Pain DVD will be given to first time guests, and $20 voucher for Beyond Basics Physical Therapy products will be given to individuals attending five seminars. Space is limited. To RSVP visit www.PelvicHealth101.eventbrite.com.
The seminars are on Tuesdays and run through April 28th and include:
- March 17th: Something’s wrong with my what? – A review of pelvic floor muscle anatomy and its relationship to bowel, bladder and sexual function.
- March 24th: Running to the bathroom, again – A closer look at urinary urgency, frequency, incontinence and painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis.
- March 31st: Why is pooping so difficult? – The role of muscle coordination, toilet posture and easy techniques to improve your bowel movements today!
- April 7th: Pain & Sexuality: Is it all in my head? – No, it is not. Learn how sexual pain in men and women is highly correlated with muscle dysfunction.
- April 14th: Women’s Only Session – No men allowed! A time to dig deep into the female anatomy, hormones throughout the life cycle and a safe space for Q&A.
- April 21st: How does pregnancy and birth affect my body? – Learn about changes in the body and what you can do to improve recovery post-partum.
- April 28th: Complimentary Medicine – Learn how acupuncture, yoga and mental health therapy can facilitate the healing process. This seminar starts at 6:30PM