ICA eNews – October 2, 2015
Interstitial Cystitis (IC) & Chronic Pelvic Pain News
Thanks to everyone for their very generous donations to the ICA. We are so very grateful and privileged to work on behalf of such a tremendous community. Please keep them coming and we will continue marching on…
Top IC Stories
- Controversial CDC Opioid Guidelines – ICA Responds
- New Research Literature Reviews
- Standardized Treatment for IC/BPS Remains Elusive
- Sensitivity to Pressure May Provide New Clues Regarding IC/BPS-Related Symptoms
- Glomerulations: No Convincing Evidence That They Indicate IC/BPS, Investigators Say
- Contrast-Enhanced MRI Could Aid in Diagnosis of IC
- Overactive Bladder Features May Vary Due to Underlying Conditions
- “Dysfunctional Pain” Concept Provides Alternate Framework for Research Challenges
- By Focusing on These Two Symptoms, Animal Studies May Provide Bigger Benefit
- TRPV1-Targeted Gene Therapy: Novel Treatment for IC/BPS?
- Cis-Urocanic Acid: Novel Treatment Option for Inflammatory Bladder Conditions?
- DNA Virus May Be Linked to Interstitial Cystitis
- Sex, Intimacy, and Pelvic Pain, Let’s Talk!
IC & Chronic Pain Events
- IC Support Group Updates
- New IC Support Group – Charlotte, NC
- New IC Support Group – Saint Louis, MO
- New IC Support Group – Holland/Richboro/Newtown, PA
- New IC Support Group – Eugene, OR
- New IC Support Group – Syracuse, NY
- New IC Support Group – Kansas City, MO
ICA Quick Tip:
Do you occasionally feel all alone in your struggle with IC? Often it helps to know you’re not alone and there is hope. ICA maintains a repository of inspirational stories of successful living with IC. Read these stories of courage and optimism at ICA’s Voices of Hope Blog and consider submitting your own. Stories will be accepted from patients and healthcare providers, as well as family and friends of IC patients who have been affected by their IC.
Revised Friday, October 2nd, 2015