ICA eNews May 13, 2016
Interstitial Cystitis (IC) & Chronic Pelvic Pain News
Thanks to everyone for their very generous donations to the ICA. We are so very grateful and privileged to work on behalf of such a tremendous community. Please keep them coming and we will continue marching on…
Top IC Stories:
- ICA Calling for Applications for Board of Directors
- An Evening of IC Friendly Food and Fun in Chicago
- The Spring 2016 ICA Update Now Available Online to Eligible Donors*
- Study Seeking Women Who Suffer from IC/BPS
- New Voices of Hope
Hot Topics from ICA’s Online Support Community
ICA’s Online Support Community is a place of peace, hope, and advice providing comfort for patients, family members, friends, and healthcare professionals looking for ways to better understand the impact of IC. It provides strength in numbers for those living with IC. Below is a list of some current hot topics. Join us in the growing ICA Online Support Community, where you can be connected to hundreds of other people experiencing similar symptoms, situations, experiences, and emotions.
ICA Facebook Page “Post of the Week”
Top photo: ICA Board of Directors members Barb Zarnikow and Nicole Cozean, ICA Founder Vicki Ratner, and Executive Director Lee Claassen representing ICA at the American Urological Association Annual Meeting. Bottom right, Board member JoEllen Parsons.
ICA Healthcare Provider Registry Additions
For many people with interstitial cystitis (IC), an effective treatment plan requires a team approach, including urologists and other physicians, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, dietitians, and counselors. The ICA Healthcare Provider Registry includes clinicians who have agreed to be a referral source for IC patients. Below is a list of recent additions to the registry.
The ICA Healthcare Provider Registry does not include every healthcare provider who treats people with IC. Do you know of other healthcare providers who treat IC patients? Are you a healthcare provider that treats patients with IC and want to be included in the ICA’s Healthcare Provider Registry? Email your name, specialty, practice name, address, phone number, and website URL to ICAmail@ichelp.org with your request to be included in the ICA Healthcare Provider Registry.
- Physical Therapist – Berkeley, CA
- Physical Therapist – Roswell, GA
- Nurse Practitioner – Hershey, PA
- Acupuncturist – Fresh Meadows, NY
- Urogynecology / Gynecological Surgery, Urology – San Francisco, CA
IC & Chronic Pain Events
- Educational Retreat for Women and Men with Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic Health: Answers to questions you were too afraid to ask
- Bridge for Pelvic Pain Announces: 1st Annual Pelvic Pain Seminar
- IC Support Group Updates
- Miami Support Group – May 14
- Lincoln, NE Support Group – May 17
- New IC Support Group – Monterey, CA
- New IC Support Group – Charlotte, NC
- New IC Support Group – Saint Louis, MO
Earn Your Halo
Join ICA’s Angel Society and help fight IC year-round by becoming a monthly donor. Monthly giving is easy, its automatic, it helps cut down on administrative costs, and – most importantly – it sustains critical IC research, education programs, and patient advocacy services that make a real difference in the lives of those with IC.
ICA Quick Tip:
Spring weather brings with it warmth and daylight. Both are wonderful reasons to be more active. Being active and getting yourself up and moving is important when you have interstitial cystitis (IC). Regular exercise helps maintain your heart, lungs, muscles, bones, joints, bowel, and brain function. The health of your bladder also depends on good blood flow to the area and on having flexible and strong muscles around your bladder and other pelvic organs to protect and support them. Click here to learn more.
Revised Thursday, May 12th, 2016