ICA eNews June 9, 2017
Interstitial Cystitis (IC) & Chronic Pelvic Pain News
Thanks to everyone for their very generous donations to the ICA. We are so very grateful and privileged to work on behalf of such a tremendous community. Please keep them coming and we will continue marching on…
- Spring 2017 Issue of the ICA Update is in the Mail
- To All Who Need to Apply for Disability
- Navigating Disability
- Department of Defense Peer Reviewed Medical Research Program Now Accepting Applications
- Research Study for IC/BPS May be for You
- Study Seeking Men and Women Who Suffer from Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain
I See IC, do you?
Honor a loved one this season with a donation to the Interstitial Cystitis Association’s “I See IC” campaign!
By donating to our “I See IC” campaign, you are making a real difference!
- Supports advocacy, research funding, and education to ensure early diagnosis and optimal care with dignity for people affected by interstitial cystitis (IC)
- Gives hope to those who are suffering with this life-altering condition
Your donation to the “I See IC” campaign helps us increase the visibility of IC and gives you more access to valuable and informative resources that will keep you, and others affected by IC, abreast of the latest IC research, and informed on the difference you’re making for those in the ICA community.
Better research, stronger advocacy, informed physicians AND a strong community of support—YOU make this happen with your charitable donation to our “I See IC” campaign.
Hot Topics from ICA’s Online Support Community
ICA’s Online Support Community is a place of peace, hope, and support and provides comfort for patients, family members, friends, and healthcare professionals in search of better understanding the impact of IC. Below is a list of some current hot topics. Join the growing ICA Online Support Community, where you can be connected to thousands of other people experiencing similar symptoms, situations, and emotions.
ICA Facebook Page “Post of the Week”
Name one thing you can’t live without. What helps you manage your IC?
ICA Healthcare Provider Registry
For many people with interstitial cystitis (IC), an effective treatment plan requires a team approach, including urologists and other physicians, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, dietitians, and counselors. The ICA Healthcare Provider Registry includes clinicians who have agreed to be a referral source for IC patients. Any registered user of www.ichelp.org has access to this tool. Do you know of other healthcare providers who treat IC patients? Are you a healthcare provider who treats patients with IC and wants to be included in the ICA’s Healthcare Provider Registry? Email your name, suffix, specialty, practice name, address, phone number, and website URL to ICAmail@ichelp.org with your request to be included in the ICA Healthcare Provider Registry.
- Psychotherapist – Santa Fe, NM
- Physical Therapist/Therapeutic Pain Specialist – Burnsville, MN
- Physician Assistant – Worthington, OH
- Physical Therapist – Charlottesville, VA
- Physical Therapist – Boca Raton, FL
ICA is pleased to provide you with a list of IC, painful bladder syndrome (PBS), and chronic pelvic pain support groups in the United States and around the world. Go to www.ichelp.org/us-support-groups to log in and search for a support group in your area.
- IC Support Group – Peoria, IL – June 13
- Phone and Email Support – Rhode Island
Do you run an IC support group? If so, please share your information with us so we can post it on the ICA Support Group page. Want to publicize your next group meeting? Please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org 3-4 weeks prior to the meeting date.
Revised Friday, June 9th, 2017