ICA eNews August 5, 2016
Interstitial Cystitis (IC) & Chronic Pelvic Pain News
Thanks to everyone for their very generous donations to the ICA. We are so very grateful and privileged to work on behalf of such a tremendous community. Please keep them coming and we will continue marching on…
Top IC Stories:
- Time is Running Out
- ICA 2016 Pilot Research Program Recipients Selected
- Use Your Voice for Change
- ICA Update Article Index
- Healthy Diet = Healthy Life
- Study Seeking Women Who Suffer from IC with Hunner’s Lesions
The Latest in IC Research:
- Hyberbaric Oxygen Therapy May Enhance Healing in IC/BPS
- Neurologic Measure May Provide New Way to Distinguish IC/BPS from Other Conditions
- For IC/BPS Patients Undergoing Bladder Removal Surgery, Removal of Urethra May Not Be Necessary
- Botulinum Toxin Promising in Multiple Studies of IC/BPS Patients
- Immunosuppressive Treatment May Be Appropriate Treatment Option for IC/BPS
Be an Angel and Catch up on ALL past ICA Updates
Make it easy and make your donation a little at a time. Be an angel and consider making a monthly gift now of $10, $20, or $30 or more. You will receive the latest issue, plus online access to ALL of the past issues. By making a regular monthly donation, you’ll obtain your halo and join others in ICA’s Angel Society. Monthly giving is convenient and easy way to make a huge impact on those affected by this painful condition. Your credit card will be charged the amount you designate on the same date each month. Your once-a-month generosity will work every day to ensure early diagnosis and optimal care with dignity for people affected by IC.
The ICA Update is an award-winning magazine with in-depth stories about interstitial cystitis (IC) research, treatment, and lifestyle issues. Our next issue will be published in late summer. You can also make a single donation commitment of $50 or more now to receive your copy of the next issue in the mail (US only), and get online access to the two most recent issues.
Hot Topics from ICA’s Online Support Community
ICA’s Online Support Community is a place of peace, hope, and advice providing comfort for patients, family members, friends, and healthcare professionals looking for ways to better understand the impact of IC. It provides strength in numbers for those living with IC. Below is a list of some current hot topics. Join us in the growing ICA Online Support Community, where you can be connected to hundreds of other people experiencing similar symptoms, situations, experiences, and emotions.
- How much more of this IC horror can a person take
- Confusing Diagnosis
- IC diet +prediabetes+vegetarian: what to eat?
ICA Facebook Page “Post of the Week”
An IC patient posted, “The Japanese Urological Association has updated its guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of IC.” Most patients don’t realize that different countries have different IC treatment protocols. Read the latest American Urological Association treatment guideline.
ICA Healthcare Provider Registry
For many people with interstitial cystitis (IC), an effective treatment plan requires a team approach, including urologists and other physicians, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, dietitians, and counselors. The ICA Healthcare Provider Registry includes clinicians who have agreed to be a referral source for IC patients. Any registered user of https://www.ichelp.org/ has access to this tool. Do you know of other healthcare providers who treat IC patients? Are you a healthcare provider that treats patients with IC and want to be included in the ICA’s Healthcare Provider Registry? Email your name, suffix, specialty, practice name, address, phone number, and website URL to ICAmail@ichelp.org with your request to be included in the ICA Healthcare Provider Registry.
- Gynecology – Lovington, NM
- Physical Therapist – Royal Oak, MI
- Physical Therapist – West Bloomfield, MI
- Physical Therapist – West Des Moines, IA
- Nurse Practitioner – Dallas, TX
- Support Group – Rhode Island – August 10
- Support Group – South Jersey – September 10
- Support Group – South Miami, FL – September 10
- Support Group – Miami, FL – September 11
- Phone Support Only – Cincinnati, OH
Do you run an IC support group? If so, please share your information with us so we can post it on the ICA Support Group page. Want to publicize your next group meeting? Please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org 3-4 weeks prior to the meeting date.
ICA Quick Tip:
So You Have IC, Now What? When first diagnosed with interstitial cystitis (IC) you may feel alone and scared. Don’t — ICA exists to provide the most need-to-know information for IC patients to thrive, not simply survive with IC. Our newly diagnosed toolkit provides FAQ’s, treatment guidelines and money saving tips. In addition, we provide a Healthcare Provider Registry and many different support options to all registered ICA website users. Go to www.ichelp.org and sign up today!
Revised Friday, August 5th, 2016