ICA eNews April 29, 2016
Interstitial Cystitis (IC) & Chronic Pelvic Pain News
Thanks to everyone for their very generous donations to the ICA. We are so very grateful and privileged to work on behalf of such a tremendous community. Please keep them coming and we will continue marching on…
Top IC Stories:
- Thank You ICA Advocates!
- ICA Calling for Applications for Board of Directors
- Study Seeking Women Who Suffer from IC with Hunner’s Lesions
- IC Research Summaries:
- Multiple Promising Drugs and Approaches Are Under Investigation for IC/BPS
- GAG Therapy Safe and Effective in Patients with IC/BPS and Other Chronic Bladder Diseases
- Benefit of Botulinum Toxin and Hydrodistention Corroborated By Single-Center Study
- Urinary Cations: Implicated as Potential Cause of Bladder Dysfunction in Male IC/BPS Patients
- New Research Shows How Ketamine Abuse Causes Bladder Damage
- Pain Pathway Study Reveals Potential New Targets for IC/BPS Treatment
Hot Topics from ICA’s Online Support Community
ICA’s Online Support Community is a place of peace, hope, and advice providing comfort for patients, family members, friends, and healthcare professionals looking for ways to better understand the impact of IC. It provides strength in numbers for those living with IC. Below is a list of some current hot topics. Join us in the growing ICA Online Support Community, where you can be connected to hundreds of other people experiencing similar symptoms, situations, experiences, and emotions.
- When people say they are in remission does that mean they are in no PAIN?
- Hoping for some kind of positive direction tomorrow
- Doctor Appointment/Pain
ICA Facebook Page “Post of the Week”
ICA Healthcare Provider Registry Additions
For many people with interstitial cystitis (IC), an effective treatment plan requires a team approach, including urologists and other physicians, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, dietitians, and counselors. The ICA Healthcare Provider Registry includes clinicians who have agreed to be a referral source for IC patients. Below is a list of recent additions to the registry.
The ICA Healthcare Provider Registry does not include every healthcare provider who treats people with IC. Do you know of other healthcare providers who treat IC patients? Are you a healthcare provider that treats patients with IC and want to be included in the ICA’s Healthcare Provider Registry? Email your name, specialty, practice name, address, phone number, and website URL to ICAmail@ichelp.org giving your permission to be included in the ICA Healthcare Provider Registry.
- Physical Therapist – Clearwater, FL
- Urogynecology / Gynecological Surgery – San Francisco, CA
- Urology Nurse Practitioner – Coeur d Alene, ID
IC & Chronic Pain Events
- Educational Retreat for Women and Men with Chronic Pelvic Pain
- PELVIC HEALTH 101
- Pelvic Health: Answers to questions you were too afraid to ask
- IC Support Group Updates
- Miami Support Group – May 14
- New IC Support Group – Monterey, CA
- New IC Support Group – Charlotte, NC
- New IC Support Group – Saint Louis, MO
Earn Your Halo
Join ICA’s Angel Society and help fight IC year-round by becoming a monthly donor. Monthly giving is easy, its automatic, it helps cut down on administrative costs, and – most importantly – it sustains critical IC research, education programs, and patient advocacy services that make a real difference in the lives of those with IC.
ICA Quick Tip: Spring Fever
This is the time of year where the birds and the bees start having some fun, so why shouldn’t you! We know intimacy can be difficult with IC, but for most patients all it takes is a little pre-planning and creativity to make these activities fun and enjoyable. Plus, we have the following resource to give you an extra “spring in your step:”
Revised Thursday, April 28th, 2016