ICA’s Self-Care Adventure Links
Here is a complete list of the offerings from last week:
- Join ICA’s Online Support Groups
– Join one of ICA’s Online Support Groups! www.ichelp.org/onlinesupportcommunity
- Tell Your Story
– Share your IC/BPS story on the ICA’s Voices of Hope blog: www.ichelp.org/submit-your-story-to-the-voices-of-hope-blog/
- Desert Harvest: Research Interview with Dr. Lenore Ackerman & Heather Florio
– To access the interview, please click here: https://youtu.be/niHEjvoLmW4
- Inspire Online Support Community: Bladder Health Survey
– To take the survey and receive a $25 Amazon gift card, please click here: https://www.ichelp.org/researchers-need-you/
- PT Self- Treatment at Home: Dr. Nicole Cozean
– To access the interview, please click here: https://youtu.be/rPU8PI7rD70
- Recipe Share: IC/BPS Friendly Foods/Share Your Fav Chillax Song
– Take a picture or a screenshot of your favorite IC-friendly recipe and upload it to the Spring into Summer Virtual Photo Album here: https://runsignup.com/Race/Photos/VA/McLean/SelfCareAdventure
– Submit your favorite song to our Chillax Playlist here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/chillaxplaylist
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Class with Mia Tarduno
– To access the interview, please click here: https://youtu.be/gX_kcA6TSgY
- Mindful Journaling: Share Your Thoughts
– Thanks to our friends at Mindful, you get to access to the following! Take a step toward starting your mindful journaling practice, please click here: https://www.mindful.org/create-a-journaling-habit-that-works-for-you/
- Living Well with IC/BPS: The Results of the IC Hope Study
– To access the interview, please click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zUlbKBmPB8
- Participate in IC/BPS Clinical Trial: Text-Based
If you have IC, University of Pennsylvania’s Division of Urogynecology is conducting a research study to test a smartphone-based program that teaches patients how to self-manage their symptoms. In this completely remote study, you will receive video treatment modules and check-in messages via a secure texting platform over 6 weeks (max 3 texts per week). If you are a woman over 18, diagnosed with IC, have a smartphone and interested in evidence-based, holistic ways to manage your symptoms, please TEXT or EMAIL Lisa, the research coordinator, during business hours at 267-600-2484 or Yelizaveta.Borodyanskaya@pennmedicine.upenn.edu.
– To access the video, please click here: https://youtu.be/UhBaiOtgMog
We need your help to reach our goal!
If you found value in our offerings, please make a donation today at https://runsignup.com/Race/Donate/VA/McLean/SelfCareAdventure! By doing so, you can help us provide more valuable educational events in future.
Many thanks to the experts who provided educational content and to Desert Harvest for sponsoring the event!
…and of course, all of our fundraisers!
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please reach out to Jenlene at email@example.com.