ICA eNews February 19, 2016
Interstitial Cystitis (IC) & Chronic Pelvic Pain News
Thanks to everyone for their very generous donations to the ICA. We are so very grateful and privileged to work on behalf of such a tremendous community. Please keep them coming and we will continue marching on…
Top IC Stories
- Prescription Drug Price Increases
- IP4IC Research Has Begun
- PBS Airing Menopause Documentary
- New to ICA’s Reading List
Hot Topics from ICA’s Online Support Community
ICA’s Online Support Community is a place of peace, hope, and advice providing comfort for patients, family members, friends, and healthcare professionals looking for ways to better understand the impact of IC. It provides strength in numbers for those living with IC. Below is a list of some current hot topics. Join us in the ICA Online Support Community, where you can be connected to hundreds of other people experiencing similar symptoms, situations, experiences, and emotions.
- TOO MUCH PAIN – DOCTORS HAVE CUT OFF ALL PAIN MEDS
- Botox Injections
- Have you had a hydrodistention? How did that work out for you?
ICA Facebook Page “Question of the Week”
Thoughts on interstem????? Have u had it what do u think? Help us keep the conversation going!
ICA Healthcare Provider Registry Additions
For many people with interstitial cystitis (IC), an effective treatment plan requires a team approach, including urologists and other physicians, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, dietitians, and counselors. The ICA Healthcare Provider Registry includes clinicians who have agreed to be a referral source for IC patients. Below is a list of recent additions to the registry.
The ICA Healthcare Provider Registry does not include every healthcare provider who treats people with IC. Do you know of other healthcare providers who treat IC patients? Are you a healthcare provider that treats patients with IC and want to be included in the ICA’s Healthcare Provider Registry? Email your name, specialty, practice name, address, phone number, and website URL to ICAmail@ichelp.org giving your permission to be included in the ICA Healthcare Provider Registry.
- Physical Therapist – Portland, OR
- Physical Therapist – Vancouver, WA
- Physical Therapist – Centennial, CO
- Urogynecologist – Moultrie, GA
- Gynecologist – Jensen Beach, FL
IC & Chronic Pain Events
- Weekend Educational Retreat for Women and Men with Chronic Pelvic Pain
- PELVIC HEALTH 101
FREE educational seminars focused on exploring the relationship between the
pelvic floor muscles and bowel, bladder and sexual function at Beyond Basics Physical Therapy, New York, NY
- March 17th: Something’s wrong with my what?
- March 24th: Running to the bathroom, again
- March 31st: Why is pooping so difficult?
- April 7th: Pain & Sexuality: Is it all in my head?
- April 14th: Women’s only session
- April 21st: Infertility: The role of physical therapy and nutrition
- April 28th: Restorative yoga and calming down your floor
- May 5th: Pelvic pain and mediation workshop
- IC Support Group Updates
- Muskegon IC Support Group, Muskegon, MI – March
- Miami Support Group, South Miami FL – March 12
- New IC Support Group – Monterey, CA
- New IC Support Group – Charlotte, NC
- New IC Support Group – Saint Louis, MO
ICA Quick Tip:
Did you know if you have an iPhone 5 or above there is a pre-set Health App that will allow you to input information such as blood type, medical conditions, medication and emergency contacts. It is also an easy way to keep all of your medications in one place when consulting with a new doctor. Plus, in the event of an emergency, first responders can access this information without needing your password. Learn more at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203037
Revised Friday, February 19th, 2016