News & Blog
ICA Call for Volunteer Writers
ICA is looking for outstanding volunteer writers with the ability and experience to write and contribute compelling, engaging, and informative copy for its website and articles for its award-winning magazine, ICA Update. Volunteer writers will receive emailed assignment details (background information, contact information for interviews, and deadlines).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and conduct phone interviews with designated interviewees (IC patients, medical practitioners, researchers).
- Gather and verify factual information through research.
- Write articles and copy for ICA’s print and electronic collateral including the ICA Update, ICA eNews, and ICA website.
- Ensure all content is clear and consistent, complete and credible, and that the text is well written, grammatically correct, and without error.
- Revise all writing as requested to meet specifications required for publication.
- Meet submission deadlines.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent memory for and attention to detail
- News gathering experience
- News interviewing experience
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of copy techniques and principles appropriate to a variety of media
- Broad knowledge of IC
- A sincere appreciation for and commitment to ICA’s mission and to working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, and other volunteers
While volunteer writers will not be compensated monetarily, they will be recognized for their work with article bylines in the ICA Update.
Send a cover letter detailing your experience and topics you are most interested in, resume, and 3 writing samples by September 30, 2016 to email@example.com.
Established in 1984 to give a voice and put a face on those impacted by interstitial cystitis (IC), the Interstitial Cystitis Association (ICA) is the only nonprofit, charitable organization dedicated solely to improving the quality of healthcare and lives of people living with IC. ICA advocates for IC research dedicated to discovery of a cure and better treatments, raises awareness to ensure early diagnosis and optimal care with dignity, and serves as a central hub for healthcare providers, researchers, and the millions of patients who suffer with constant urinary urgency and frequency and extreme bladder pain.