IC Awareness…Together, We Started Something Big!
On September 22, 2018 #ICAwareness was elevated to a new level as the Interstitial Cystitis Association (ICA) hosted its debut Walk for an IC Cure in Balboa Park, San Diego.
The event was attended by over 100 passionate participants comprised of IC patients, family members and friends, healthcare providers, and volunteers who raised over $16,000 marching for more IC awareness, better treatments, and an eventual cure for IC.
Check out the pictures highlighting the day’s events which included:
- Stretching exercises by Dr. Skip George
- Opening remarks by ICA Board Member and Walk host JoEllen Parsons
- Welcome and thanks by ICA Executive Director Lee Lowery
- Remarks from Dr. C. Lowell Parsons and two IC patients who shared their personal stories (one female and one male)
- Awards and raffles, with a special shout out to Amy Macnow as top non-Board Member Fundraiser!
The event continued with the ribbon cutting ceremony and the official start to a meaningful walk. Together, IC patients were supported by a community brought together to honor their journey, show support, and embrace creating #ICAwareness.
The ICA would like to thank our committed ICA Board Members:
- JoEllen Parsons for stepping up to host the inaugural Walk for an IC Cure.
- Jane Elsten for flying across the country to attend the Walk and for being our top fundraiser.
- Nicole Cozean, PT, DPT, WCS, CSCS who shared therapeutic concepts and her book The Interstitial Cystitis Solution with patients.
- And the entire ICA Board of Directors for supporting the Walk for an IC Cure program.
Also, thanks to our Gold Sponsor, Desert Harvest, Inc. and Bronze Sponsors, West Coast Mint and UCP. Your support helped ICA launch a successful event benefiting IC patients and their families in San Diego and the millions of people across the nation who suffer with IC.
It’s not too late to support the Walk for an IC Cure program. Help ICA to march on by supporting the Walk for an IC Cure program today, or consider hosting a Walk in your community! Email Christine Libonati at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.