COVID Can’t Stop Good
The ICA’s mission can’t be stopped by COVID-19, in fact, it’s in times of stress that the ICA needs to be there for the IC/BPS community even more. As of now, the measures to stop the spread of COVID-19 have had very little impact on the ICA’s ability to raise awareness, provide education, and advocate for IC/BPS research. On the contrary, we were able to transform our annual in-person advocacy day into a virtual event that allowed the entire IC/BPS community to participate and we rescheduled all spring Walks for an IC Cure to August and September.
Although the nation’s emphasis is understandably on the need to combat the COVID-19 virus, ICA’s critical programs need funding more now than ever as we are still incurring expenses to manage the programs that support you, the IC/BPS community.
What can you do? Please consider supporting ICA’s efforts by giving back or participating in any of our programs:
- If you are in a financial position to help, please donate to the ICA
- Join the ICA Angel Society
- Use AmazonSmile while shopping online and select the ICA as your charity
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser
- Join a Virtual Walk (coming soon to the Walk for an IC Cure page!)
- Save the date and/or register for an upcoming Walk for an IC Cure
- Join the NEW Interstitial Cystitis Association IC/BPS Support Group on Facebook
IC patients and their unique needs will continue to be our top priority. And, while we don’t know what the coming days, weeks, months will hold, we know that we can make it through with your continued support!
Revised Friday, May 1st, 2020