Community Fundraising Your Way
You can STEP UP for IC/BPS ANY where and ANY Time. By planning an event, you can bring awareness to your community, share your personal story, and raise critical funds all while making a significant impact supporting the ICA.
When you Step Up, you take on the planning of an event in your community to benefit ICA. It can be a 5k, baseball game, BBQ, cycling event or bake sale. You can also partner with local restaurants to collect a percentage of proceeds or simply set up a Facebook Fundraiser to request a donation to the ICA in place of birthday gifts!
How do I Step Up to create a Community Fundraiser?
Contact email@example.com to set up time for an initial chat about your event ideas and what ICA resources you need to get started!
- Choose your event – pick a date, location & decide on how you will charge for the event.
- Set your fundraising goal!
- Work with the ICA team to create your event webpage.
- Invite family & friends to Step Up & be part of your event committee.
- Take time to create a timeline, discuss logistics, and plan a budget.
- Reach out to local sponsors.
- Promote your event on social media and throughout your community with local media.
- Have fun hosting your event!
- Thank all those involved in making your DIY a success.
- Start planning for next year!
Community Fundraising Your Way/Step Up for IC/BPS Your Way Description
What do I have to do to plan a successful Step Up for IC/BPS My Way fundraiser?
ICA’s fundraising guidelines (coming soon) are a great place to start when looking to see what a DIY event entails. DIY events can be as simple or robust as you choose – that’s the beauty of a DIY event that you can make YOUR own. When you Step Up for IC/BPS, you are responsible for:
- All event fundraising expenses
- All event planning/execution before and including event day
- Promoting the event to your local community, media, and on social media
- Utilizing your event website to track, motivate, and communicate with event attendees
- Creating event materials (with ICA approval) to enhance your event
- Working with ICA staff to secure event site, application, insurance, and permits (if needed)
What does the ICA provide?
- ICA Staff Support: Our team is an email away. Please reach out to Jenlene Nowak at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. She is happy to help provide you with resources you need to create a successful event.
- Website: Each DIY event can get a personalized fundraising page set up for your needs. Reach out to the ICA team to discuss this option.
- Event Day Signage: The ICA team will provide you with templates for flyers and other event materials to enhance your one-of-a-kind DIY event.
- Social Media: Work with the ICA team to have your event featured on ICA’s social media platforms.
- Media Toolkit: Check out the resources listed here by the ICA. Our communications team is happy to help with any media requests.
- ICA DIY Event Listing on ICA’s Fundraising Platform: Your event will be listed here.
Revised Tuesday, March 15th, 2022