How to Contact Congress
- Identify yourself as a constituent and ask to speak with the legislator’s Health Care Legislative Assistant.
- Tell the aide that you are a member of the Interstitial Cystitis Association (ICA).
- Ask for support of the FY13 Labor-HHS bill by communicating their importance to the Labor-HHS-Education Appropriations Subcommittee.
- Explain the need for the:
- $660,000 for the IC Education and Awareness program at the Centers for Disease Control.
- $32 billion for the National Institutes of Health, including increased investment in interstitial cystitis research.
- Briefly explain why these issues are important to you.
- Give the aide your contact information and ask to be informed about the actions the legislator takes in response to your request.
Revised Monday, May 4th, 2015