News & Blog
21st Century Cures Initiative: Accelerating the Discovery, Development and Delivery of New Treatments
Last week, ICA staff attended the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) 21st Century Cures Initiative: Accelerating the Discovery, Development and Delivery of New Treatments briefing. The 21st Century Cures Initiative has many aims, among them are:
- Patient-focused drug development.
- Modernizing clinical trials and drug development by expediting the development of novel therapies for serious and life-threatening disease, harnessing data sources and real-world evidence to advance the development of 21st century cures, and improving patient access to experimental therapies through effective expanded access processes.
- Focus innovation on unmet medical needs.
- Promoting and improving scientific and medical dialogue to enhance patient care.
- Preparing the FDA for the future.
- Encourage innovative therapies
If you’d like to read more about the 21st Century Cures Initiative, follow the links below.
- Energy & Commerce Committee press release
- First release of legislative ideas
- Discussion Document
- Section-by-section of the discussion document summary
- One-pager highlighting the legislative ideas