Clinical Trial Recruitment
Interstitial cystitis (IC) clinical trials are vital for improving treatment and quality of care for people with IC. The IC Association helps patient recruitment agencies and researchers recruit study participants for short-term and long-term clinical trials in the areas of IC, bladder pain, urgency, frequency, chronic pelvic pain and overlapping conditions such as vulvodynia, fibromyalgia, and irritable bowel syndrome.
Email ICAmail@ICHelp.org, share your clinical trial recruitment strategies. We can help with patient recruitment for clinical trials by getting the word out through our extensive interstitial cystitis network. We post information about studies in the Research center on www.ichelp.org, include announcements in the weekly newsletter, the ICA e-Newswire, and create and send individualized email messages that reach thousands of IC patients. Please provide the following study snapshot:
- Name of study
- Sponsoring organization
- Principal investigator(s)
- Participating doctors
- IRB approval: Yes/No
- Listed on www.clinicaltrials.gov: Yes/No
- Patient inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Recruitment start and end date
- Description: One or two paragraphs about the study, including hypothesis, type of study (eg, online survey, double blind, placebo controlled), and protocol
- Time commitment: What is the estimated time commitment for participants?
- Cost to patient: Will the patient or a third-party payer have any financial responsibility for required tests, medications, or care?
- Web site: Does the study have a website or online survey? If so, provide URL.
Contributions are essential to allow the ICA to continue to help get the word out about clinical trials. Without your generous support, the work of the ICA would not be possible. Recommended minimum donations to cover labor and technology costs required to post and disseminate announcements include:
- Post information about studies in the ICA’s active social media communities (Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest): $250
- Post information about studies on www.ichelp.org: $500
- Include announcements in the electronic weekly ICA e-Newswire: $750
- Send custom email announcement: $2,000
- All of the above: $2,500
Please email clinical trial recruitment information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your submission!
Revised Tuesday, May 12th, 2015