Landmark IC Studies
Though the cause and cure for IC remain unknown, the National Institutes of Health and researchers around the globe are working hard to learn more about IC and unravel the mystery of this chronic condition. There have been several key, federally-funded IC research studies. Many of these studies were based on findings discovered through the ICA Pilot Research Program and ICA Patient Surveys.
- MAPP – Multidisciplinary Approach to Pelvic Pain Research Network
- RICE – RAND IC Epidemiology Study
- BACH – Boston Area Community Health Study
- EPIC – Events Preceding IC
- MaGIC – Maryland Genetics of Interstitial Cystitis Study
- ICCRN – Interstitial Cystitis Collaborative Research Network
The Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools (RePORT) lists current studies funded by the National Institutes of Health.
Revised September 18, 2010